Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Curiousity

I've started reading Freakonomics. I thought since I found the blog so interesting that I should read the book that started it all. The drive behind this economist is similar to what I find fascinating about auditing. Many times as you start an audit you hear from the program or service some "truth" that influences operations. You test that "truth" and find out how things really work. That is what Freakonomics is about - how things really work. Sometimes it is just more detail behind the scenes that, although the "truth" still stands, what makes it true is different then you thought. But sometimes the "truth" is really wrong. Things are not as they seem. Whatever the finding, the audit is unraveling the ball of string and then trying to craft recommendations to make the program or service better.

No comments: