Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Auditing is like going back to school

It took me a long time to not want to go back to school in the fall. Every time the season changed and the air became crisp, I used to think about new classes, new challenges, and new books. I was reminded of this when my daughter started college a week ago.

One reason auditing is fun is because each audit requires that you go back to school. At the beginning of an audit, we are never experts in the particular field we are studying. So at first, audit work involves becoming a mini-expert in the subject area. We review literature, find books to read, and go out and visit the program to see how it works on the ground. It's an exciting time as a picture starts to emerge.

1 comment:

Keenguy said...

I was an expert in my field! Oh, haha, jk jk!