Saturday, September 6, 2008

If I were running for president

If I were running for president, or for any other office, I would talk to the auditor. Past audits provide a wealth of information about government's weaknesses and how to make improvements. The GAO has a High Risk Series that I've always admired and wished I had time to duplicate at the local level. The Office states that addressing these high risk areas will:
    • dramatically improve service to the American public,
    • continue to yield significant financial and non-financial benefits,
    • ensure that the government can deliver on its promises, and
    • strengthen public confidence in the performance and accountability of the federal government.
I know that talking about audits to the public and expecting to be elected might be far-fetched. But the four bullets above sound like good sound bites to me.

No comments: