Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Safety Audit in Pakistan

This is interesting. A story from Pakistan about a safety audit. I went to the story from a google alert because I was curious what kind of "safety" would be audited. I have to admit I'm very ignorant about Pakistan and my only frame of reference was with the "war against terrorism." But this audit is looking at road safety in a very traditional way. The study will allow the department of transportation to improve future road projects. It reminds of my experience many years ago as a student at the Hebrew University in Jerusalem. The only news that my parents ever read or heard was about bombings in the city and they assumed that was the enviroment I lived in. Yes, there was violence, but there was so much more of life going on.

No comments: