Saturday, October 11, 2008

Wow! Citizen Satisfaction

I went to DEQ this morning to renew my vehicle registration and to take the vehicle emission test. I couldn't have spent more than 10 minutes. I drove in immediately with no wait. The employee was courteous and clear in her instructions. I went inside, completed my registration form, and a few minutes later, the employee took my fee. I had many methods of payment available. After I paid she gave me my tags for the license plate and I was done. I hadn't done this in years. My husband usually takes the car in. But in the past, I can remember lines and waiting to get the vehicle emission test completed. Then I had to submit the registration and test results by mail to DMV and wait for my tags to put on the license plates. You can even renew your registration online! This is one of those moments of truth where government looks good. And, from an auditor's perspective, the whole process looked efficient.

1 comment:

Keenguy said...

Yah, now only if the DMV took notes from the DEQ!